football | April 13, 2022
THE ANGEL– USC’s Spring 2022 soccer game on Saturday, April 23 at 12:00 p.m. PT at the Coliseum will feature both live-action scrimmage that will be broadcast on ESPN and a robust fan fest that will feature USC posters and T Includes shirt giveaways and a surplus sale featuring official USC football team gear and a post-game opportunity for fans to get player photos and autographs. The event is free and open to all fans.
“This is the only opportunity for our fans to see our football team before they take the field for our home game on September 3,” said the USC athletics director Mike Boehn. “That’s why we want to invite our fans to enjoy free access to the Colosseum and it’s important that we create a fan-centric event that’s much bigger than just the action on the field. Nationwide Watching As ESPN’s only televised spring football game, we wanted to create an unforgettable experience for everyone involved. We can’t wait to see our fans next Saturday.”
Colosseum gates open at 10:30am PT. Standard concession options, including alcohol sales, will be available. Parking is $25 on either the Green Lot or the Blue Lot. Complimentary tickets will be uploaded to season ticket and student account holders today (April 13) and they will be notified by email that their tickets are available. All other fans who need tickets can reserve them here. All spring game information, including additional park details, is available here.
USC’s spring game marks the final practice of the 2022 football spring roster and is the only practice open to the public. Matt Barrie, Kirk Herbstreit, Joey Galloway and Molly McGrath will be covering the game live on ESPN.
“This will be a great opportunity for Trojan fans to get their first look at the team ahead of the start of the 2022 season,” said the new USC head coach Lincoln Riley. “We can’t wait to see the Trojan family at the Colosseum for an afternoon of fun and football!”
The full details for the spring 2022 football game are below.
Family Fanfest before the game
The pre-game Family Fanfest begins when the gates open at 10:30am PT and takes place at the east end of the Coliseum, next to the Peristyle. The Family Fanfest includes the following activities:
- carnival games – Carnival activities such as bouncy castles, temporary tattoo artists and more are located at the Peristyle
- Food Truck Alley – Six food trucks will be stationed around Olympic Plaza including:
- Richeese – Grilled cheese and melting
- Deli Doctor – deli sandwiches
- Made in Brooklyn – Pizza
- Oaxaca on wheels – Mexican
- Messi Burger – Burger and fries
- Palazzolo’s Gelato Truck – Gourmet Gelato
- surplus sale 10+ years of official USC football team Nike merchandise will be available at discounted prices in a surplus sale presented by USC Athletics in partnership with the USC Bookstore. Over 7,000 items are available for sale including polo shirts, t-shirts (both short and long sleeves), shorts, pants, accessories (hats, gloves, hats, backpacks, duffel bags), shoes and jerseys.
- Photo opps – Numerous photo stations will be set up in front of the peristyle and on the halls, including the possibility to take photos with Traveler and in front of a green screen that recreates the backdrop of the Lincoln Riley press conference
- 15,000 posters – The exclusive poster for the spring 2022 football match will be distributed to the first 15,000 fans in attendance
- 10,000 shirts – 10,000 USC football shirts will be placed in seats on the north side of the stadium for early arrivals to the game
- student prices – The following student prizes will be raffled among the students present at the game: Nike gear, pre-game field passes for the 2022 football season and the opportunity to travel with the team to an away game
Programming in game
- game action – There will be an hour of warm-up practice beginning at 11:00 a.m. PT followed by live game action scrimmage beginning just after 12:00 p.m. PT
- fan engagement – ESPN’s commercial breaks will be filled with fun and engaging activities for fans, including the ability to compete against players and other fans in a variety of challenges
- Keely content – USC team reporter Keely yours and the Trojan Tailgate Crew from Jordan MooreShaun Cody and Max Browne will conduct live interviews with coaches, players, projans and more at the stadium
- The Trojan Brass Band – The Trojan Marching Band will be in attendance and will play all the Trojan Family favorites
- DJ Mal Ski – DJ Mal-Ski is fresh from DJing the Los Angeles Rams’ Super Bowl run and the 2022 NCAA Final Four and will be entertaining the crowd as only he can
- Post-game on-field experience – Fans will be invited onto the field after the game to pose for photos and interact with players and coaches at United Airlines Field; Fans will receive the official 2022 Spring Game poster for player autographs
- tower tours– There will be a guided open house in the Scholarship Club Tower to allow all fans to check out the latest addition to the Coliseum
Season tickets for the 2022 USC soccer season start at $299 and are available at usctrojans.com/tickets.