The summer transfer window is fast approaching and there are plenty of rumors about who is going where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest rumours, comings and goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Nunez now on to Newcastle?
Another twist in the race around Darwin Nunez appears to have taken place, with reports that Newcastle United have made an offer worth over €60m to Benfica, according to Foot Mercato.
The 22-year-old striker’s performances this season have attracted interest from a number of Premier League sides this season, with West Ham United having turned down a potential record-breaking bid for a club during the January transfer window.
Arsenal and Manchester United have also kept their eyes on the Uruguay international, with the Old Trafford side reportedly sending scouts to watch him in Benfica’s Champions League quarter-finals against Liverpool.
Nunez has scored 30 goals in 35 games this season and is sure to be the subject of transfer interest after the end of the season.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
11.15 CET: Chelsea’s ownership situation is proving to be something of a distraction for the club.
Thomas Tuchel says his focus at Chelsea is solely on the pitch ahead of the FA Cup semi-finals.
10.52 CET: Tottenham are looking to sign a left centre-back this summer and are targeting a move from Atletico Madrid Beautiful Marioaccording to the Daily Mail.
Hermoso, 26, joined the La Liga champions from Espanyol in 2019 for around €29m. The former Real Madrid academy product has since played nearly 100 games and is well established in Spain after breaking through to the senior team.
Spurs have other options, including those of RB Leipzig Josko Gvardiol and Inter Milan Alessandro Bastini, to.
10.19 CET: River Plate midfielder Enzo Fernandez has attracted the attention of Manchester City, Manchester United and Real Madrid.
The Daily Mail says United have sent scouts to watch the 21-year-old against Fortaleza in the Copa Libertadores on Wednesday, while Sports Illustrated reports that City are leading the race to sign the midfielder.
Fernandez has a reported release clause of $26million, equivalent to just over £20million, and is ready for a move to Europe.
09.46 CET: Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic said on Friday he would leave the Premier League club at the end of the season, ending his five-year tenure at Old Trafford.
Serbia international Matic, who is under contract with United until 2023, has made 26 appearances for the club in all competitions this season.
“I have informed the board, the manager and the players of my decision,” wrote the 33-year-old on Instagram. “It was a great honor and privilege to play for this great club. A big thank you to the fans for their unwavering support.
“I’ll do my best now until the end of the season to help my teammates finish as strong as possible.”
09.14 CET: Tottenham will already pledge €80m for loan signings Christian Romero and Dejan KulusevskI’m permanent but the club plan to continue supporting Antonio Conte this summer as he tries to make Spurs Premier League title contenders, sources told ESPN.
Conte has publicly hinted that north Londoners Atalanta will pay the €55m fixed fee for Romero, while sources tell ESPN that he is pushing for Kulusevski’s temporary move from Juventus to be formalized by offering an option to buy the winger for 30 million euros.
Conte has ambitious plans to overhaul his squad, with sources suggesting a right-back, a centre-back, a midfielder, a backup striker and a backup goalkeeper are his top priorities; a list that senior figures at Tottenham are ready to support in principle, despite the club posting a pre-tax loss of £80.2million in its latest financial figures last November.
09.00 CET: Erik ten Hag, set to take over the coaching role at Manchester United, is keen on signing the Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tshouamenisources told ESPN.
Ten Hag opened up about his thoughts on the United squad during his interview for the job at Old Trafford last month and official confirmation of his appointment could come as early as the end of April.
United’s recruitment department has also finalized the shortlists for players in each position for the summer transfer window and Ten Hag is free to present his own goals. Among them is Tchouameni, the 22-year-old midfielder who is enjoying a good season in Ligue 1. Tchouameni first impressed under former Monaco coach Niko Kovac and has continued to up his game under Philippe Clement after arriving in January.
Monaco are open to talks about a move for the rising star this summer and will ask for a transfer fee of between €60m and €70m. Sources told ESPN that Paris Saint-Germain are interested in the Frenchman but added that he is currently in favor of a France move. Chelsea have also been in touch with Tchouameni’s agent and Monaco, but United could currently have the upper hand over their Premier League rivals amid uncertainty over the club’s ownership structure.
Julien Laurens explains why Monaco’s Aurelien Tchouameni would be a good fit at Manchester United.
PAPER GOSPEL (from Adam Brown)
– FC Salzburg want to sign the star from Shakhtar Donetsk Fernandocorresponding Fabrizio Romano. It is reported that the 23-year-old striker is being considered as a replacement for Karim Adeyemi who has been closely associated with a number of clubs across Europe in recent months. The deal only requires the final few details as the Ukrainian Premier League forward will join the Austrian Bundesliga side in July.
– Mallorca have no plans to execute the €15m option clause Vedat Muriqi‘s loan movement will become permanent, writes Ekrem Konir. The 27-year-old forward arrived on loan from Lazio during the January transfer window but a return of three goals in 10 LaLiga games failed to persuade the board to extend his stay at Son Moix. The Kosovan international scored the winner in Mallorca’s 1-0 league win over Atletico Madrid on Saturday.
– Juventus step up their approach to Sassuolo Giacomo Raspadori, reveals Tuttosport. The 22-year-old’s performances in La Liga this season are said to have caught the attention of Bianconeri Stars Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci both of whom support the pursuit of the Serie A forward. Raspadori has contributed to 13 goals in 26 starts this season so far.
– LaLiga sides start inquiring at Getafe about the potential signing of a striker Hugo Hart, reports Marca. Duro is on loan at Valencia and has an option to make his move permanent for €4m but the teams have already been in contact with the 22-year-old’s parent club to see if an agreement can be reached the Che happen. He has scored six goals in 19 starts this season.